Sunday, October 9, 2011

Creating Symmetry With Geoboards


Another quick and fun way to practice Symmetry Skills (and 2D shapes) is with GEOBOARDS.

Students can use an elastic to highlight the LINE of SYMMETRY in the middle of the geoboard (either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally).
Next students can use symmetry to add geometric shapes!









The above geoboard is homemade and pretty small. A larger geoboard would make for more and grander geometric designs.  Geoboards come in different sizes and materials.  See some available at Amazon below. Geoboards can be used with elastics or even colorful hair bands!  (I bought hair bands at the Dollar Store.)  Geoboards are lots of fun for kids to work with.








Have fun with symmetry!



________________________________

4 comments:

  1. Those are great for students. My son would enjoy learning on one of those. I am your newest follower from the hop and would love a follow back over at http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already a GFC fan but I a visiting you from the Alexa Hop on AHelicopterMom. I hope you visit me back at My 2 Cents

    THank you!! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Valerie,
    I'm going to your site now.
    Marcia :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...